Wednesday, October 9, 2013

HOUSE OF HADES SPOILER

SPOILER ALERT
THIS POST CONTAINS A MAJOR SPOILER FROM THE HOUSE OF HADES.
Unless you WANT to see a spoiler do not read unless you have at least finished chaper 36 of HoH.
I do spoil a little of the ending here though.


This picture is totally accurate. There I was loving the book until about halfway through. Chapter 36 has a major drama bomb, a huge secret about Nico.  I'm very mad with Rick Riordan right now. I am so messed up.

     So Jason and Nico are trying to get a scepter from Cupid and Cupid wants Nico to face his feelings about the person he cares about most.

So we all thought that he had a crush on Annabeth.
Nope.
He was jealous of Annabeth . . .
Jason sees some visions from Nico's past.
  How Percy was Nico's hero, the first demigod he ever met and his favorite game (Mythomagic) come to life.
Then Nico said, "I hated myself, I hated Percy Jackson."
Then Cupid is pressing Nico and we get this drama bomb....


"I had a crush on Percy!" Nico spat, "That's the truth. That's the big secret."


O_O I died.

Jason was talking with him and Nico said that he gave up on Percy but Jason wasn't sure that was true.

But this might not be a permanent thing... I don't know.
Personaly I think that Nico isn't . . . gay.
I mean he was ten (and he's only 14 now.)
He's young and Percy was his hero.
This can be something he can overcome.
He sounded disgusted with himself.

Percy doesn't know. I don't know if he ever will. Only Jason knows right now.
I think Bianca knew though.




Lets talk about the ending.
Bob the Titan closed the Doors of Death!!!
Percy, Annabeth, Jason, Piper, Lep, Frank, Hazel and Nico are all still alive!!


Yay!!!!
The Book had a nice happy ending, probably to make up for all the heavy depressing stuff throughout the whole book.



4 comments:

  1. Nicos not going to "over come" this. He still likes percy, you can tell this at the end of the book, when he sees Percy and Annabeth hold hand, this is the quote, 'percy laces his fingers through Annabeths.Hazel happened to glance at Nico and saw pain in his eyes' page 565. The crush started when he was 10, he's 14 now, it's been 4 years, and guess what! he still likes him! So what if he's gay. Get over it. If you hate it that much don't read it. Personally I like the twist Rick threw in. Also, because nico faced his feelings he can open up more. He kissed hazel on the cheek and Piper was shocked

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since typing this post I've changed my opinion about this twist in the story. I rather like it now even if it's still a bit weird to think about. I see how it gave reasons to his withdrawal from the other characters.
      I don't hate gay people I just think that homosexuality is wrong and sinful.
      But I'm not going to be mean to a gay person, rather I'll be friendly and nice.
      One of the boys in my theatre class is gay (I think) and he's very nice.
      Although I think one of the librarians at my local library is gay and he's just creepy.

      Delete
  2. perfect will now i have the book so- *Skips to the exact chapter a reads it * REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE OMG
    perfect i say

    ReplyDelete