Wednesday, March 12, 2014

3/12/2014

Hi! Sorry that I didn't post for a while. I just started this new manga called Fullmetal Alchemist and it's awesome. So instead of working on my fan-fic I was reading.
I've read 9 volumes so far and I can't wait to get volumes 10,11 and 12.
When my order from the library comes in I'll probably read them before I write more.
But 3 volumes of manga is nothing for me, I can read one volume in 20 minuets. I was just not posting for a while 'cuz I had volumes 1-9 all at once.
Anyway here's the next instalment of Second Generation Demigods that ya'll've been waiting for.
(Yes I say ya'll. I lived in Texas for 5 years.)

After the campfire Mallory was walking back to the cabins with Cassandra, Helen and Hannah.
   “Did you know that you’re the first child of Zeus since the Big Three pact was removed?” Cassandra asked Helen.
  “I am?” Helen said, “Is that a bad thing?”
“No,” Cassandra answered, “I just don’t get why people didn’t make a big deal about it. Chiron didn’t even say anything. So we get a child of Zeus and nobody thinks it’s a big deal, then along comes mister son of a demigod and a goddess and we get everyone whispering and wondering.” She complained, “I just don’t get it.”
   Helen nodded, “He totally stole my thunder.”
Mallory laughed, “Stole your thunder? Get it, thunder? Child of Zeus, god of storms . . .” She trailed off because Helen and Cassandra were giving her weird looks.
   “Don’t worry,” Hannah said, “I thought you were funny.”
“Anyway,” Cassandra said, “Maybe Chiron will say something at breakfast tomorrow. After all that’s when we have a welcome ceremony to announce all the new demigods. Not everyone shows up for the campfire and since it’s new demigods first meals with their siblings we like to make a big deal about it.”
   “A welcome ceremony?” Hannah asked.
“Yeah,” said Cassandra, “Every first year camper gets introduced in front of everyone.” She turned to Mallory. “And that includes you.”
 “Me?” Mallory asked, “But I’ve been here before, people know me.”
“Not everyone.” Said Cassandra, “And since this is your first whole summer you get to be introduced.”
   Mallory grimaced; she didn’t like the idea of being introduced in front of everyone.
(NOTE: I have no idea why it suddenly changes the type of text and I can't figure out how to fix it.)
        Soon they stopped in front of cabin 16, Hecate.
“This is your cabin, Hannah,” Said Mallory.
“It’s shaped like a castle . . .” said Hannah as she stared in awe.
“It’s also built out of dangerous magic rocks,” supplied Cassandra, “If one breaks it will either explode or turn everyone within a mile into a flower.”
  “Whoa,” said Hannah. She opened the door and was greeted by some of her siblings. She turned back to the other girls. “Goodnight,” she said, “See you guys tomorrow!”
  “Goodnight!” chorused Mallory, Cassandra and Helen.
“So how are the cabins arranged?” asked Helen as they started walking again.
  “Odd numbers for the gods, even numbers for the goddesses,” Said Cassandra.
“Except Dionysus,” said Mallory, “Hecate gave up her throne for him when he became a god so he also got her cabin here. So his cabin is number 12 and it’s on the girl’s side.”
   “Are they in any particular order?” Helen asked.
“We’ll Zeus is cabin one and Hera is cabin two, since they’re King and Queen of the gods, but I don’t know how the order of the other cabins was decided,” Said Mallory.
   “I don’t know either,” Cassandra interjected, “But in number order for the first wing they go Zeus, Hera, Poseidon, Ares, Athena, Apollo, Artemis, Hephaestus, Aphrodite, Hermes, Dionysus, Hades, Hestia, Hypnos, Hecate, Aeolus, and then Iris.”
   “That’s a lot of cabins,” Said Helen.
Mallory nodded and said, “And we have two more wings. Well wing three only has two cabins so far, as I mentioned earlier but soon we’ll be building a cabin for Eirene.”
  “Wow,” said Helen.
“Oh look,” said Cassandra as they reached the Aphrodite cabin. “This is my stop. See you guys tomorrow!” she waved then rushed inside.
   Mallory looked at her watch, “We’d better hurry,” she said, “Curfew is in two minutes.”
 “What happens if we miss curfew?” asked Helen as they started walking.
“Well,” began Mallory. “The harpies are allowed to eat us.”
  “Harpies?”
“They’re like a cross between shriveled old ladies and chickens,” explained Mallory.
“Gross, they like to eat demigods?”
Mallory nodded and as they reached the lower numbered cabins she pointed out number one. “That’s your cabins. The only other person in there is Cassandra’s brother Shawn. He’s cool but kind of lazy unless he’s playing sports or competing in something.”
  Helen nodded, “See you tomorrow then.”
Mallory smiled, “I’ll be in cabin six if you need me and my brother is right next to you in cabin three.”
  Each girl headed into her own cabin, waving before closing the door just as the conch horn signaled curfew.


2 comments:

  1. Contest/Cool Post for 10,000 views?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea. I wouldn't do a contest but maybe a special post. Thanks for your feedback.

      Delete