Wednesday, May 14, 2014

5/14/14

Hi everyone! I have another instalment/chapter of Second Generation Demigods ready!
 I found time to work on it when I was supposed to be doing spanish or memorizing bible verses for Survival. (Like Vacation Bible School only for teens.)
  I sacraficed 60 points to get this story to you so be greatful! ;)  (60 points, because we get 10 points per verse and I memorized 1 out of 7.)
It might be a while before I post again because I really should do spanish instead of writting. These past few weeks when I'm supposed to be using my mom's computer for spanish I've been writting instead.
  And I'll need to work on my memory verses more, there are 12 verses for next week. >.<

My story isn't really 'short' anymore. Short stories are normaly about 1,000-1,200 words or less. Mine has now reached 10,879 words. It's the longest thing I've ever written!
And I will say, all my instalments that I post are the first draft. So sometimes there are mistakes. My sister was reading over what I've written (she loves new parts of the story as much as you guys do!) and she found a whole lot of little mistakes, misspelled words, missing words and incorrect or missing puncuation.
  So just remember that most of the time I don't even re-read it after I've written it.
Most of the mistakes are so small I don't even notice them. And I'm sure that you can figure out what it's supposed to say if there is a mistake.
Without further blither-blathering here's more of the story!

  By the light of a green torch Mallory lead Helen and Ben through camp towards the hills.  “Our Oracle lives in a cave, but it’s not drippy and dark like a normal cave. I’m not sure if she’ll be there but it’s the first place to check,” she said.
   When they approached the entrance to the cave they heard worried voices talking about something. A woman with curly red hair turned as the group approached. “We have some visitors,” she announced to the other people, who Helen noticed, all except one were adults.
  “Come on guys,” said Mallory. “I’ll introduce you.”
“You know all these people?” Helen asked.
  Mallory nodded, “They’re all friends of my parents. I call them my ‘aunts and uncles’. We aren’t really related, but they’re like family.”
  “So what brings you over here?” the woman with red hair asked Mallory as they entered the cave, “And who are your friends?”
  “This is Ben and Helen,” Mallory said. “Guys, this is my ‘aunt’ but not really ‘aunt’, Rachel.”
“Nice to meet you,” Rachel said.
  “We’re here so that Helen can consult the Oracle about her quest,” said Mallory.
A girl of about fourteen with long blonde braids stood and walked over, “Did someone say Oracle?” she asked.
  Mallory nodded, “We’re here for guidance on our quest.” To Helen and Ben she said, “Meet our Oracle in training, Nymna.”
“Hi,” Nymna said shyly.
“Oracle in training?” Ben asked.
Rachel nodded, “I’m the Oracle right now. But the Oracle of Delphi lives in young maiden and I can feel my time with the gift of prophesy coming to an end soon, I’m not as young as I used to be.”
  “She’s the same age as my parents,” Mallory whispered.
“And my sight has been getting stronger,” said Nymna. “Soon Rachel will pass the full gift along to me. Right now she is training and preparing me.”
  “Come sit and we’ll make introductions while we wait for Mallory’s parents,” Said Rachel.
“My parents aren’t here already?” Mallory asked.
  “They’re talking with Chiron before he leaves,” explained Rachel as she returned to her seat.
Helen and Ben took seats on the cushions scattered around the floor of the cave as Mallory gave quick hugs with her ‘aunts and uncles’ whom she hadn’t seen in a while. By the time Mallory took a seat her parents had arrived along with two satyrs, a tree nymph carrying a baby and a wind nymph. So she introduced everyone, pointing to each as she spoke. “Meet my parents, Percy and Annabeth. Shawn and Cassandra’s parents, Jason and Piper. That weirdo over there is my ‘uncle’ Leo and next to him is his wife Calypso. They have twins named Hector and Sammy who are our age and are around camp somewhere but I don’t think you’ve met them yet. Then there’s my dad’s best friend Grover,” she pointed to the younger looking satyr. “And the tree nymph is his wife Juniper, the baby is their youngest son, David Billy. They have two more kids, Rose and Birch who are older than us. And last but not least are Jackie’s parents,” Mallory gestured to the older satyr and the wind nymph. “Coach Glesson Hedge and his wife, Mellie. There’s also my aunt Hazel and uncle Frank but they’re not here.” Mallory took a deep breath. “Now for the slightly shorter introductions. This is Helen, daughter of Zeus,” She said, pointing to Helen.
  “Hi,” Helen waved at everyone.
Mallory paused before introducing Ben. Her parents and their friends had all known Ben’s father, but had they known of Ben? “And this is Ben . . . Di Angelo, son of Hades and Legacy of Eirene.”
  There was stunned silence all around. 

2 comments:

  1. Can you post about the Blood of Olympus cover plz?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. One of these days I will do a post about the cover. Not this weekend though because I'm busy.

    ReplyDelete