Tuesday, May 6, 2014

5/6/14

Hey, sorry I haven't been posting as often as I used to. I've been busy and I tend to lean toward reading over writing when I have free time in-bewteen schoolwork, chores, family time and church events.
But I got the next instalment of Second Generation Demigods done! It's shorter (only about 400ish words instead of 800-900) than some of the other instalments that I've done but that's only because I decided to end it with a little clifhanger. >:) Yes, I'm evil. Thank you.

“Well,” Helen began, “I guess you can come, who else would bring? I don’t have a lot of friends yet.” But she still looked unsure.
  “What about me?” Interrupted Hannah. “I’m your friend.”
Ben bit his lip; he looked like he was afraid that Helen would pick Hannah over him.
 “Do you want to come?” Helen asked Hannah.
“Heck no, I just got to camp and a quest sounds dangerous. I was just pointing out that you don’t have zero friends, you’ve got me, Mallory and Cassandra,” replied Hannah. “But you should consider bringing an older camper along, someone who knows what they’re doing.”
   “We can’t have three unexperienced newbies on a quest anyway. You’d be doomed to fail,” Said Mary as she came over. “I could come instead of Ben and help you guys.”
  Mallory rolled her eyes, Mary was making it seem like she was doing them a great favor, offering to come along on the quest when really she was basically demanding to be brought along.
  Helen glared at Mary, clearly insulted. “If you don’t think that three ‘unexperienced newbies’ couldn’t finish a quest then I guess we’ll just have to prove you wrong,” she said, “Ben you’re in.”
  Mary scowled and turned to Chiron, “Do you really think it’s a good idea to let three newbies go on a quest all by themselves?” she demanded.
  “Helen has the right to choose the members of her quest,” Said Chiron, “And Mallory has some experience. Helen is the leader of this quest and her decision stands.”
  “But do you think it’s a good idea?” Mary pressed. “You didn’t really answer my question.
Chiron sighed, “It is not what I would have chosen, but I have faith in these demigods. There has been many a quest with unexperienced members that has prevailed. What better way to prepare demigods for the life ahead of them than to jump right in?”
  Mary scowled; she knew there would be no changing the quest group. She glared at all of them as she walked away but particularly Ben. She wasn’t happy to have her new, younger, half-brother on the quest instead of her.
  Helen made a rude hand-gesture at Mary’s back then turned back to the group. “So now what?” she asked.
     “Maybe you should consult the Oracle?” Mallory suggested.
“What’s the Oracle?” Helen and Ben asked in unison.
  Mallory grinned, “More like, ‘who is the Oracle.’ Come on, I’ll introduce you.”


(See? Aren't I evil? I thought it was a good place to end this instalment.)

2 comments:

  1. Hi -
    I was looking to start up a blog (Percy Jackson Related), and wanted to obtain the address percyjacksonfansunite.blogspot.com -- unfortunately (for me), it was already taken. So, I must ask if there is any way you'd be willing to give up and/or sell the rights to this blog address

    Either way, let me know..Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, the way blogger addresses work is first come first serve. I don't want to change my blog adress as that would confuse my readers and I don't think it would be legal for me to sell/take profit from the address it even if I wanted too since it's run by blogger. You could always make your blog address something different and still have Percy Jackson Fans Unite as your blog name. Blog name and addresses don't have to be the same. There's another blog called Percy Jackson Fans Unite only it has a different address. So even though you can't use percyjacksonfansunite.blogspot.com you can still call your blog Percy Jackson Fans Unite, I don't mind you using the name. :)

      Delete