Tuesday, February 11, 2014

2/11/14

Okay here is the 3rd instalment of Second Generation Demigods.
All big mistakes fixed hopfully.
Introducing two totaly new characters and one who is a second generation.
If you have any guesses about who's who, comment!



Mallory was waiting for the right moment to sneak away when she heard screaming coming from the hill. Both Chiron and Ben turned as a ginger haired girl came running over the hill screaming for help. “It’s after my friends!” She yelled.
      Mallory had jumped out from hiding, she wanted to help but had no weapons.
 “Mallory,” said Chiron, running over with a scared looking Ben behind him. “Take them down to the big house and wait for me.” To Ben and the girl he said, “Follow Mallory.”
   “What about Hannah and Jackie?” the girl asked, “A big lion thing is after them, Jackie told me to take Hannah and get help but Hannah wouldn’t leave!”
   “Jackie?!” exclaimed Mallory, “Chiron I’ve got them, go help Jackie!”
Mallory grabbed the girl by the wrist, “Follow me.” She told Ben.
   She ran down the hill praying that Jackie would be alright. He would, this wasn’t his first Protector Job, and he’d lead demigods to camp before. These kids were obviously demigods. Powerful ones if it was the Neman lion after them. The girl had said that there was a lion thing.”
    “Who are you? Where are we going? How do you know Jackie?” the girl asked Mallory as soon as they stopped on the porch of the big house.
   “Just a minute, stay here!” Mallory told the girl and Ben. “I’ll be right back.”
Mallory turned and ran toward the volley ball pit where a few campers had arrived to start a game.
“New campers, a monster, Half-Blood Hill.” She gasped.
   Luckily the campers knew what she meant, since this was a regular thing during the beginning of camp. They armed themselves and ran toward Half-Blood Hill.
    Mallory ran back to the Big House hoping that the kids hadn’t run off.
   She found them standing where she left them. “What’s going on? The ginger haired girl demanded.
Mallory held up her hand as she tried to catch her breath. “There was a monster after you,” she began.
   “I know that.” The girl snapped. “I want to know why you dragged me away before I could help!”
“Help?” Mallory asked, “You could have gotten killed, you don’t know how to fight.”
     “I may not be able to fight well but I don’t leave friends behind.”
“Jackie is my friend too.”
     Mallory took a deep breath, “How much do you know?” she asked.
   “I know that supposedly my father is some god and that I’m supposed to be safe now that we’re here.” The girl seemed to be calming down some and she swept her hair back before continuing. “When Jackie found me at my school weird things had been going on for a while and nobody believed me. I didn’t hesitate when he told me that we needed to leave. I was all too ready to get out of there.” She looked around nervously. “I just don’t know if this place is going to be any better.”
  “Um,” the boy named Ben interrupted, “Is anyone going to give me answers? My dad didn’t tell me a lot about this place.”
   “Oh,” Mallory didn’t know where to start. Fortunately Chiron came down the hill with Jackie and another girl who looked Mallory’s age. “Um, Chiron will explain more and probably show you the introduction video.”
   Ben looked wary but he didn’t say anything more.
        “Is everyone okay?” Mallory asked Jackie.
He nodded, “Chiron and I were able to hold the Lion until help arrived. Hannah kinda helped too.”
The other girl nodded, “I don’t know what I did exactly, but I sure confused it.”
   “Now,” said Chiron, “Come inside and I will explain everything.” He held the door open then followed the ginger haired girl, Ben and the girl named Hannah inside.

    Mallory turned to Jackie, thankfully he didn’t look too beat up. “I’m glad you’re okay.  How did the trip here go?”
   Jackie grimaced. “Not great. I’ve never had so much trouble getting new demigods to camp before. It didn’t help that we had a long way to go, all the way from Arizona with monsters attacking us every day.”
   “So you found both girls there?” Mallory asked.
Jackie shook his head, “We joined Hannah and her Protector in Boston and they traveled with us but . . .” He trailed off, holding back emotion.
   “Oh no.” Mallory gasped.
  Jackie nodded, “We ran into a Sphinx and her cub. Trevor and I did our best to defend Hannah and Helen but  . . . a Sphinx by itself is powerful and hard to beat but she was protecting her cub and we had stumbled into her territory. She wasn’t going to do the “Pass my test and I’ll let you go” thing. She was going to eat us all.”
  He paused, looking like he was trying not to cry.
“Trevor sacrificed himself so that we could get away.” He managed.
“Oh, Jackie that’s awful.” Mallory hugged her friend. “Trevor must have been awfully brave. What’d he turn into?”
   “I don’t know.” Jackie said as he pulled away. “We left before we saw anything.”
“So he could still be alive!” exclaimed Mallory.
“No  . . . no we heard . . .” Jackie turned away. “He’s not alive. We heard him scream and then . . . he stopped screaming abruptly.”
   “I am so sorry.” Mallory said. “But you still got both girls to camp, you saved them.”
“But I didn’t save Trevor. I was a coward, I should have stayed behind.”
That was it, Mallory couldn’t take it anymore. She slapped Jackie hard. “Don’t say that. It’s awful that Trevor died but I don’t wish for one second that you could have taken his place, you didn’t even know him before you met in Boston. It’s in the past and you can’t change it so stop being so sorry for yourself!” she yelled.
   Jackie stared at Mallory, shocked. He put and hand to his cheek, “That hurt.” He said, “But your right.”
“I am?”
“Yeah,” Jackie sighed, “I can’t change it.”
   “So what do you know about the girls you brought in?” Mallory asked to try and lighten the subject.
 “They’re both powerful. I think Hannah might be a child of Hecate because she could already control the mist a little when we met up with her and Trevor. She didn’t seem too fazed by the whole demigod thing. But I should have Iris Messaged Chiron about Helen and called him in.”
   Mallory sucked in a breath, Chiron didn’t make ‘house calls’ for just anyone. The last demigod that he had gone to in person had been her father, the son of Poseidon.
    “She might be, I think . . . she might be a child of Zeus.” Jackie confessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment