Friday, February 14, 2014

2/14/14

Happy Valentines day!!!
  Valentines day is never a big deal for me since I'm single and don't date (I'm going to court. You can comment/e-mail and ask if you have questions about what courting is.) so Valentines day is just a day for me to have an excuse to eat chocolate.

Here's the next part of Second Generation Demigods.
Ben's parents are revealed! (Sort of.)
(It's kinda short but it felt long while I was writing because there's so much dialouge.)


“So?” Mallory asked, “The rule about no ‘Big Three’ kids was abolished by my father a long time ago.”
   “But they’re still powerful and attract a lot of monsters,” protested Jackie, “plus children of Zeus . . . well, Hera doesn’t like them. The last child of Zeus only lived because Zeus gave him to Hera.”
“Yeah, but Helen is safe from Hera here right?”
Jackie hesitated, “I don’t know. She should be but Hera has her ways of getting what she wants.” 
 Mallory was about to say something but was cut off by Hannah, Helen and Ben coming out from the big house.
   “Chiron said that you’d give us a tour.” Hannah said to Mallory. “And Jackie, someone called Mr. D wants to see you.”
   Jackie nodded nervously and went inside.
“Okay guys,” Mallory said to the new kids, “My name is Mallory.”
  “I’m Helen,” Said the ginger haired girl. “And this is Hannah.” She gestured to the other girl who was skinny with straight brown hair.”
  “Hi!” said Hannah, giggling.
“My name’s Ben.” Said Ben.
Mallory nodded, she already knew his name but she wasn’t going to say so since she’d found it out by sneaking around. “It’s nice to meet you all. This is the Big House.” It was stating the obvious that they were at the Big House but it seemed like a good place to start. “It’s basically the headquarters of the whole camp. It also acts as a guest house and infirmary when needed.”
   Mallory lead them through the camp explaining things as best as she could. Eventually they reached the cabins.  “This is the first wing of cabins; it has the original twelve plus six new cabins.”
   “First wing?” asked Hannah, “Eighteen cabins isn’t enough?”
“You know how Chiron explained that every demigod has a real Greek god or goddess as a parent?”
Hannah nodded and said, “Yeah.”
  “Well we have one cabin for every god or goddess, even the minor ones like Nemesis and Hecate and ones who don’t have kids like Hera and Hestia.” Explained Mallory. “But there are lots and lots of gods and goddesses so we have tons of cabins. We thought we had finished when we added the second wing but every now and then a kid shows up with a really minor god or goddess as their parent and then we need to add another cabin. We have a third wing started but it only has two cabins. Luckily the less powerful your godly parent is the less likely you’ll have to come to camp. We barely have room for the third wing of cabins. We had to expand the border and build into the hills.”
  “What cabin will I be in?” asked Helen.
“New campers normally get claimed at the campfire after dinner. So I don’t know yet.”
“What if your parents are demigods?” Ben asked.
 Mallory smiled, “Then you’re a Legacy, like my brother and I. We’re descended from Athena and Poseidon.”
  “Which cabin do you stay in?” he asked.
“We were claimed by both Poseidon and Athena so we switch back and forth between the cabins. Legacy campers don’t always get claimed by both their Grandparents though so it helps if you know.”
  “Why don’t they get claimed by both?” asked Hannah.
“It just depends, Poseidon and Athena are very proud so they both wanted to claim me. My friend Kimi is descended from Hermes and Demeter but she was only claimed by Demeter. I don’t know why. Maybe it’s something the gods agree on up on Olympus.”
   “I don’t think I’m a Legacy.” Said Hannah, “Wouldn’t I know if I were?”
“If you were a Legacy your parents probably would have told you. I’ve grown up coming to Camp on weekends.” Said Mallory.
   “I’m a Legacy.” Said Ben. “I don’t know which cabin I’ll stay in. My father told me that my mother never attended Camp Half-Blood. Do you have a cabin for Eirene?”
  “I don’t think so.” Said Mallory, “Who’s Eirene?”
“She’s the goddess of Peace.” Said Ben.
  “I’ll ask Chiron, if we don’t have a cabin for Eirene we’ll build one.” Mallory said with a smile. “In the meantime you can stay in your father’s cabin.”
   Ben sighed, “I was hoping to avoid that.”
“Why? Do you not know your father’s parent? Is it another minor god?” Mallory asked.
  “No, my Dad told me which cabin was his while he was here.”
“Which one?”
  “Cabin Thirteen. Hades.” Ben whispered then turned and walked away.

No comments:

Post a Comment