Saturday, February 1, 2014

Second Generation Demigods!

I've finaly found a fan-fic idea that I can really get into. I'll probably be able to get a fairly good story out of this. I'm already loving writing it. I had a hard time stopping.

So, I hope you enjoy the first instalment of Second Generation Demigods!
Reminder: Although I wrote this story the idea for Percy, Annabeth and all the original characters and loctations belongs to Rick Riordan. I don't claim to own them.
However, I did make up some characters that don't belong to Rick. Still without his awesome books this little fan-fic couldn't exist.

Mallory, daugter of Percy and Annabeth, Granddaughter
of Athena and Posiedon.
Mallory was so excited, she was finally twelve years old and this was going to be her first time spending the whole entire summer at Camp Half-Blood. Sure she had visited before but she had never stayed the whole summer on her own. Which cabin would she be in? Would she make any new friends? Would she get a quest?
      Her worrying was interrupted by a voice, “Mallory!”
She turned and saw her older brother running up. “Charles!” she squealed as he grabbed her and threw her over his shoulder. “Here to stay this summer?” he asked.
    Charles was fifteen, three years older than her, so this was the start of his fourth summer at camp.
“Yes, yes!” yelled Mallory, “Now put me down!”
   Charles laughed and set her down. “Hey Dad, Mom.” He said turning to hug their parents.
“I can’t believe you’re both going to camp now.” Their mother said. “You’ve grown up so fast.”
  “Relax, Annabeth.” Said their father, “It’s not like they’ve never been here before. They’ve been coming for weekends with us since they were babies.”
   “But Percy,” Annabeth protested, “Now they’re on their own, what if--?
“They can fight their own monsters.” Percy said, “Now let’s leave Mallory to explore so we can go find Grover and the others.”
   “Oh, all right.” Said Annabeth with a sigh.

      Mallory watched her parents go then turned back to Charles. “Which cabin should I put my stuff in? Athena or Poseidon?” she asked. “Because . . .” her voice trailed off.
    “Well it depends.” Charles said with a grin, “Do you want to room with me or not? I switch off every month and right now I’m in Poseidon.”  Both Charles and Mallory had been claimed by both Poseidon and Athena on their first visit to camp years ago so both cabins welcomed them.
   “I think I’ll stay in Athena for now then.” Said Mallory. She didn’t want to spend her first whole summer here shadowed by her older brother.
  “Come on then!”
   As Charles lead the way to the cabins Mallory wondered what the Athena cabin looked like on the inside. She’d never been inside any of the cabins before. When her family had visited for on weekends they had always stayed in the Big House.
    Her parents used to be counselors here for the Athena and Poseidon cabins but after they had gotten married and had Charles they bought a house about two hours away on an isolated beach, both Charles and Mallory attended an online school during the fall. But even as ‘grown-ups’, Percy and Annabeth still wanted to be a part of Camp Half-Blood. They were some of the first demigods to survive that long anyway. So they came over on weekends and taught classes. Percy taught sword-fighting and canoeing and Annabeth taught Greek history and battle strategy. But all the campers loved it when their two favorite teachers teamed up, once a summer, for an ultimate week-long battle session. Like capture the flag, only it lasted a week.
    There were other adults here though, people that Percy and Annabeth had known as kids. They didn’t live as close but they still came every once in a while.
   Mallory was proud. Her parents’ generation was the first to have kids at Camp Half-Blood. She was also proud to be one of the first kids to have been born from other demigods. The term ‘legacy’ had caught on here. Where that had come from Mallory didn’t know. But she was proud to be a legacy of Athena and Poseidon. She loved hearing people whisper about how powerful she might be with who her grandparents were. But she did have to be careful, her mother’s fatal flaw was hubris, deadly pride. Mallory didn’t know what her fatal flaw was and she didn’t know if she could inherit her mother’s. Anyway she didn’t want to be too prideful, fatal flaw or not.
    “Here we are!” Announced Charles as he pushed open the door to the Athena cabin and Mallory got her first look inside.




4 comments:

  1. That was soooooo cool. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing how do I find more?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not writting any more as I do not have time I maintain this blog. I stopped years ago I think. I can never keep up blogs. I don't even get time to read fanfiction or regular books anymore much less write. It's kinda sad, I'm an 'adult' working two jobs and 60hrs a week.
      For more fanfiction check out fanfiction.net. There are lots of great fanfics and a search bar that's amazing to help find exactly what you're looking for. :)

      Delete